7.16.2005

Doh.

So we're in the process of unpacking. I can't remember what I put in the boxes that aren't unpacked yet, so I can't find a darn thing... you'd think after 3 yrs of living on campus at IU and moving MINIMUM twice a school year I'd have this down, right? Ugh. WRONG. I suck. But the fundraiser for my internship is finally OVER (we made $5,000!!!) and I can relax for a week or two until my final project is due for class. That means lotsa craftiness, folks! Thank goodness.

Anyhow, the blog was looking quite neglected, so I thought I'd go ahead and post. Last week we took the youth gardeners (campers) to see the T.C. Steele site. It's a really cool garden/museum/historical site that was previously owned by a still life artist and his wife. I thought it would be boring, but it was alot of fun! Since I'm in nesting mode, I happened to notice what color they painted the main house... inside the living room was this really great shade of green, the bedroom was a dusty lilac/rose color, and the dining room was blue. The gardens are amazing and there's even a cemetery and a log cabin on the property. I have some pics, but we're still hunting down the cable for the camera. Yeah, I know... I managed to misplace that, too. Double suck.

Tomorrow is the second day of my spinning class. While I really do need the exercise, I mean spinning on a wheel :) I needed some help with my technique and plying. Luckily, I have found an excellent re-teacher at the LYS. I sat down tonight with some "blobs" of recycled roving from a drop spindle experiment gone awry last year, drafting out instead of back (yay me! I've been having drafting issues mostly. now it's fixed!), and spun myself a lovely single that's purple with yellow flecks. Now to learn correct plying technique tomorrow~ books just don't teach it as well. I learned most of my fiber art skills from a combo of hands-on lessons and books. But spinning is definitely not a book skill for me. :\ Trust me, the drop spindle episode was book learnin' and it wasn't very purdy!

Babble babble... hehe Off to lounge in front of the TV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home