7.16.2005

Doh.

So we're in the process of unpacking. I can't remember what I put in the boxes that aren't unpacked yet, so I can't find a darn thing... you'd think after 3 yrs of living on campus at IU and moving MINIMUM twice a school year I'd have this down, right? Ugh. WRONG. I suck. But the fundraiser for my internship is finally OVER (we made $5,000!!!) and I can relax for a week or two until my final project is due for class. That means lotsa craftiness, folks! Thank goodness.

Anyhow, the blog was looking quite neglected, so I thought I'd go ahead and post. Last week we took the youth gardeners (campers) to see the T.C. Steele site. It's a really cool garden/museum/historical site that was previously owned by a still life artist and his wife. I thought it would be boring, but it was alot of fun! Since I'm in nesting mode, I happened to notice what color they painted the main house... inside the living room was this really great shade of green, the bedroom was a dusty lilac/rose color, and the dining room was blue. The gardens are amazing and there's even a cemetery and a log cabin on the property. I have some pics, but we're still hunting down the cable for the camera. Yeah, I know... I managed to misplace that, too. Double suck.

Tomorrow is the second day of my spinning class. While I really do need the exercise, I mean spinning on a wheel :) I needed some help with my technique and plying. Luckily, I have found an excellent re-teacher at the LYS. I sat down tonight with some "blobs" of recycled roving from a drop spindle experiment gone awry last year, drafting out instead of back (yay me! I've been having drafting issues mostly. now it's fixed!), and spun myself a lovely single that's purple with yellow flecks. Now to learn correct plying technique tomorrow~ books just don't teach it as well. I learned most of my fiber art skills from a combo of hands-on lessons and books. But spinning is definitely not a book skill for me. :\ Trust me, the drop spindle episode was book learnin' and it wasn't very purdy!

Babble babble... hehe Off to lounge in front of the TV!

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Your secret pal.... said...

I absolutely hate moving for that reason. I've finally gotten it down to a science (although not quite an exact science). Rooms do not get mixed. All boxes are labeled on the sides and top with which room and what contents. For the most part, this works. Sometimes, it gets a little messy still. I've been moving for so long now that it's old hat. I try to make a little game of it and enjoy the unpacking. It's like Christmas all over again.

I just talked to the lady at my LYS. I've been trying to get in for spinning classes, but my schedule keeps changing at work. It's been quite crazy. I'm hoping to get in on Saturday, or possibly sometime next week. You'll have to post many pictures (when you find the cable, of course)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home