7.28.2005

What's new, Puddytat? Whoaaa-oa-oa-oaaa!

That's pretty much the sound she makes ALL. NIGHT. LONG. "Mrow? MROW MROW MROW' (repeat continuously until cat gets distracted by imaginary mice) Not because she's hungry, lonely, or scared. Because she CAN. She lays on the couch and stretches out with her toys and blanky, then proceeds to curl up, look extremely cute, and yowl her ass off.

"Humans! Whoa, hey... you're in there, doing that sleep thing. I know it. I'm out here. I'm holding down this fuzzy zebra blanket and pretend I hunted it down all by myself. If you need me, I'm just gonna keep reminding you that I'm here. On the couch. Being adorable. Right here.... not going anywhere. Yesiree."

When we go out to glare at her or see what's going on, she looks at us and keeps talking.

"What? You know, if you really wanted to sleep you'd take a nap under the couch like I do. Can't see you, can't hear you, don't care what you're doing from under the couch. But you're not under there -- I checked. So you must not really wanna sleep that bad."

Other times we have to go get a drink or grab something out of the living room, so we flick on the lights and go about our beezwax. And we get this:

"Hey hey! Did I ask you to turn on that light? What is this, coastal Maine? We're not a light house, turn that off! And another thing - put on some of that colored fur stuff that you have to change everyday. Pants or a shirt or something. Puh-leez."

So Lucy's very opinionated for a young'un. It's going to be a fun ride, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home