8.16.2006

Funky Scarf Swap Q&A

Let’s get the allergy part out of the way. Are you allergic to any fibers? SOY like a mo' fo'. Please no soysilk or other such soy-related thangs. There is not enough Benadryl in the world for me to wear a scarf made out of it ;)

Do you prefer any fibers over others? Nah, not really. I'll be happy with any fiber pretty much. But soft wool is better than itchy scratchy wool any day.

Thinking back to Scout’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky!

Note the peacock feathers, metallic blue paint, and use of fancy-schmancy antique gold picture frames. I totally stole this off of a Craftster post, but that's neither here nor there... hehe.

Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern? I really have no preference here. Hopefully that means I'm an easy swap pal -- just make something you'll enjoy working on. There's nothing worse than dreading picking up a project and having a deadline on top of that, so don't subject yourself to any knitting torture. I can pretty much guarantee ya I'll be a happy camper when the scarf shows up at my house!

What are your favorite colors? Oh, like you couldn't tell. Purple and blue mostly, but I like pretty much anything. Bright colors, soft colors, etc.

What is your favorite piece of art? The Kiss by Klimt.

What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face? Um. I guess maybe lily white would make me look sickly. And hunter green kind of makes me look like a blue-eyed X-mas tree (reddish hair).

Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl? Once again, go with the flow. I live in Southern Indiana, so weather is unpredictable here in cold months. I have been known to wrap my scarf around my head, so I'm totally fine with a cowl if you wanna make one.

When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf? I want my neck to be warm, but I don't want to strangle myself or look like a mummy. So probably nothing extremely skinny and long. Plus that would suck to knit.

What is the climate like where you live? Cooler weather doesn't hit until October, but this has been an exceptionally mild year. Usually around winter vacation it starts dumping snow and being bitter cold. It's hella windy January-March, too. I frequently walk into class with a tear-stained face because my eyeballs are frozen/windburned from trekking across campus.

Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe? I'll take either one. By now you've probably figured out that I'm so not picky.

What else would you like your partner to know about you? I hoard peanuts in the kitchen cabinet because I'm hiding a small elephant in the backyard. Okay, not really... I'm just a smartass who saw a jumbo bag of peanuts and decided to buy it. Just so we're clear. :)
(That only makes sense to people who go thru my cabinets in search of munchies. Someday I'll have to post a picture so everybody's in on the joke.)

1 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! This is your "mark those stitches" partner. I am also in the Funky Scarf Swap, but not your partner. Wouldn't it be funny if YOU were MY scarf-maker??

Any knits as to what kinda stitch markers you'd like? =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home