9.18.2006

Grand Opening

So last night I finally opened my Etsy shop. And this morning I got an email saying that I sold something! YAY! If all goes well maybe I can at least get X-mas present money. And maybe someday it can produce drum carder money ;) Fat chance, huh? Oh well. Wishful thinking.

Here's a picture of this tiny-ass yarn I've been spinning since Thursday or Friday night:


And yeah, that IS a dime on there. Never have I made yarn this thin. It's 4oz of lace weight. My intention was to ply it and make sock yarn, but I don't know if I can stand another bobbin full of teeny tiny stuff. The good news is that it goes way, way faster now that my wheel has two treadles -- that double treadle kit was definitely worth the splurge!

These made it to the FO pile a couple weeks ago (links to PDF of Dublin Bay Sock pattern)... I forgot to post them:

Not quite twinsies, but as close as the yarn would let me get.

Obligatory sock lace close up. :)

Off to finish homework and eat macaroni. And ponder the fate of itty bitty thread yarn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home