11.13.2005

City Shawl

Friday afternoon I downloaded Glampyre's new City Shawl pattern. It got cranked out in two TV-filled evenings flat. No problems with the pattern whatsoever. I was running out of yarn at the end so it only has 104 rows instead of 108, but no big deal. I won't miss 4 rows and neither will the person who gets it for Xmas. It's knit in super bulky 500 yds per lb acrylic chenille from the LYS here in Bloomington (this was in my stash from last year when I wanted to make Vintage Velvets for everybody's Xmas gift, but then the first semester of grad school decided to kick my ass). Think there's some green, blue and purple left also... might make a couple more if there's time over break. Anyhow, here's my ham posing with what he thinks is his swanky new blanky.


2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the shawl! I just bought the pattern this evening, but I'm having problems downloading it, so I'm just going to have to drool over yours....

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good with my pal, Ben. My kitten is home, thanks for your comment. We had tornados last night so I was incredibly worried. I searched and searched last night in the rain and wind and all day too. Finally when things quieted down tonight after dark I went outside and sat and talked and called his name. I heard a little peep, my heart skipped, and then he showed up. He just finished his meal and we are off to snuggle. He is my little feral rescue and I am so glad to have him home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home