9.26.2005

Back in the saddle...

Whew! I thought the past week was never going to end. Between chem homework, hurricanes (everybody's safe and accounted for! YAY!), and pets it was a little bonkers.

So about this puppy-- Atari came to live with us for two days last week. She's a wonderful dog. I walked her on the leash, she only had one accident because she wasn't sure at first which door to go to if she wanted out, and she's so lovey. It just turns out she's not a wonderful dog for us. Within the first 24 hours our cat went on a hunger strike, the bunny tore up her "house", Atari knocked me down and I sprained my ankle... it was bad news bears and it just kept getting worse. Dan and I decided it was best if we gave Atari back to Mark and Lisa. They really missed her and our little family doesn't seem to be able to handle a puppy right now. I'm pretty sad about it all, but I guess it worked out for the best. Or atleast I'll keep telling myself that so I don't pout about it.

In much, much happier news: I've started my elfing. Yes, that means purchasing loads of yarn on Ebay and figuring out what to make for everybody that gets a custom made yuletide goodie. I snagged TONS of beautiful recycled sari silk yarn. We're talking like 35 skeins for under $100, fellow yarn freaks. You can't beat that with a stick, lemme tell ya. Some of this will be knit up into throws (5 skeins per throw!), some will be woven into a shawl, and some will get knitted up as a scarf or bag. And I scored a great reclaimed turquoise angora/cashmere blend yarn. This will probably be woven, too. I have lots of ideas up my sleeve, I just need time to sit down and draft my plans.

Right now I have plain weave shawls on the loom - 8/4 rayon warp, chenille weft. I grabbed and end from every color of rayon I had on a cone to wind the warp, so it's super colorful. I wanted them to be really plush, but with the fat chenille you can't really see the colors in the warp, so I had to use skinny chenille. Half way done with one shawl, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll have something finished to show !

Also still plugging away at Gina's Vintage Velvet. Don't worry Gina, I didn't forget ya :) And I've been putting together my SP's goodies for BackTackII, just can't decide on a pattern to use for her bag. I'm leaning towards an Amy Butler pattern because it's big, but not too tote-ish. Suggestions welcome, seeing as I have 2 yds of outside fabric and liner that have yet to be ironed!

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about Atari...it does sound like it was for the best though. There were days after we brought Indy home I wondered what in the heck I did! It all worked out though. Puppies are a lot of work...you can come visit mine any time. ;)

Sounds like you hit the mother load on yarn!!!!! Can't wait to see what all you do with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home